my 3yr old....

well my little girl came home from her dad house and the first said hi mommy... thenabout 3 min after they droped her off she says i misses u dayna i love u dayna hi dayna... and i have never tought her my name... and everyone in my family and all my friends have a little nick name for me so they dont even call me by my fist name... and when i asked them about it they said they didnt teach her that... but then again where did she get that from.... so what do u think about it... and is it something most kids go threw...??? or what bc that made me mad... but i cant get mad at her if they thought her tht bc tis not her falt.... sooo.... a little advice will help... thank you...

Dayna-Marie

Asked by Dayna-Marie at 9:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• she probably heard it from her dad. i was at the store with my daughter and someone screamed at their child, who had the same name as me, and she goes "mommy! your in trouble" i didnt even realize she knew my name so they pick it up. just tell her she calls you mommy, shes just realizing that you have a name other than mommy and using it. its a good thing really when you think about it, if she gets lost she can tell someone your name, not just mommy.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My son calls me by my first name every now and then.
    Anonymous

• Hmm the interesting part is she does not hear others call ya that. In our case we are at her Daddy's work place a lot so all together she hears a lot of people call him by his first name. She went through a short phase of calling him by his first name. He did not like it either. I thought about it though. If they were to get lost or something, it might not be a bad thing for them to know your first name, like knowing their phone number and stuff. Just let them know you would rather be called Mommy but don't discourage her learning the first name.
    Bigmama4Jesus

Answer by Bigmama4Jesus at 10:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My daughter went through this phase... She would call me by my first name.. and I never taught it to her... But her teacher at her preschool taught all of the children their parents first name.. So I knew where my daughter learned it from. Maybe its from the daddy?
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I think they all go through that phase, she is learning and is proud. Besides, she should know your name, just in case she ever gets lots or something like that. My daughter says that my name is Mom but "your REAL name is Charlene" I think it's cute.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My son introduces me saying "This is my Mom. Her name is Heather. She is a cop. She is married to Jerry. She is going to have a baby for me because I'm lonely and I don't have any brothers or sisters."

Just remind her that your name is Mom, Momma, Mama, Mommy... and to call you by your first name isn't ok.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my daughter thinks it is funny when she says my names...she has known me and DH name since she was two but she doesn't do it offten
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• They didn't TEACH her your name, but they probably used your name and she figured it out. I think it's a very good thing to know, as well as address/ phone number. My daughter calls my hubby Ryan every once in awhile, like if I'm yelling Ryan then she will too. I asked her what my name is and she told me Dora... so we're still working on it. lol
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:37 AM on Apr. 11, 2009