real or fake? how do I know

So this morning I was driving to class and I start getting this really bad pain in my back and stomach then my stomach gets tight and it stays like that for a few minutes then when I was in class it happened again for a few minutes then again when I was driving home and like a couple more times all day and they are still happening every so often. Are they contractions and if so how do I know if they are real or fake? What should I do? I am 25 weeks pregnant almost 26

Mrs.Jolly

Asked by Mrs.Jolly at 10:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• time them...if they are irregular they are just braxton hicks....keep an eye on them though
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Well I get one about every hour the longest I've gone today without one has been almost 2.5 hours
    Mrs.Jolly

Answer by Mrs.Jolly at 10:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• get a piece of paper and write down exactaly when the " contraction" starts and exactaly when it ends so you can be sure to know no matter what:) i had to do that with my dd....if they are getting closer they might be reaL!!!!!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• ok thank you for the help
    Mrs.Jolly

Answer by Mrs.Jolly at 10:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• no problem:)
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 10:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• your not drink enough water ...thats what they told me when a few weeks ago that happened to me
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2009