Summer is coming to FL fast...and with it HEAT, any advice on how to breastfeed and stay cool for the both of us.

Asked by Rubysmom124 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Carry a hand held fan that mists water.

• south georgia here! I totally hear ya! it gets hoooooooot! I was too nervous to NIP at first so I would actually nurse my son in my car. with the AC on lol. i wouldnt suggest that. I would suggest you get nursing tank tops! to the anonymous responder: a small handheld misting fan is a great idea!

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Stay inside..

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Crank up the A/C?

• I never had an issue. I lived in Fl all my life, moved away when Becka was 18 months so I nursed. I wore loose/cool clothing, as did she. I usually was inside when we nursed but never had an issue keeping cool outside. I always had a water bottle with me and kept hydrated! :) Find shade if you are out and about. They also make hand held fans with bottles attached so you can *mist* yourself. Those are nice! :)

Answer by celticreverie at 10:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Wear a cami under your shirt. That way you won't need a blanket. Pull the cami down just enough to have room for babyto lach on. Then your outer shirt is enought cover to keep you covered without exposing your breast.

Answer by rina16 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Try to nurse in air conditioned places. I agree about the cami under your shirt. That's what I do year round. My son HATES if I try to cover him up, has from day one. =) Good luck!!!

Answer by musicpisces at 4:19 AM on Apr. 10, 2009