What do you do when a 10 and 13 month old take off there diaper repeatedly right after you put it on them and the laugh about it when they know its naughty

How to stop the 10-13 month old from taking off the diapers

baby_caleb2008

Asked by baby_caleb2008 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in About CafeMom

• you can't help but laugh with them. this will pass. I'm sure someone has laughed with them, letting them know at one point that they got attention for doing it. I know it's a bit trying...but they'll stop. not much you can do. not like you can spank them hard or anything, they're just reacting to others. good luck though. hope they got all the pee out of their system before they took it off!!!!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I actually read in a parenting magazine that one women duck taped it around the diaper so they couldn't take it off. After a day or two they stopped trying, and she didnt have to use the duck tape anymore.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 10:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Are you putting their pants/onsie back on afterwards?

One time my 16 month old ran in the kitchen, I called him to come out to the living room and here he came butt naked with the diaper on his head.. Good times!

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:19 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I have used the duct tape. It works.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 8:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I would Laugh too........ then use the duct tape method, I have used it before too (obviously not on there skin, just around the daiper) It's quite a hoot to watch them TRY to figure out how to get the duct tape off. They're like WTF MAAAN!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Put them on backwards and duct tape them. I have had to do it with all 3 of mine.

Also, don't give her a reaction when she does it. That's what she likes about it.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• use duct tape. i am very serious.
    star33

Answer by star33 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2009