How Soon should I expect something? (FOR THOSE WHO USED CASTOR OIL AND WORKED...)

I took a little castor oil...i put it on my pasta...tasted very nasty =P
So...when should it start to work to spead up labor =P

and yes..i took my chances...my belly does keep getting hard since ive taken it..well..about 30 minutes later it started to work making my belly hard..

soo.... =P

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i used it and i must have been really bound up cause it took like 5 hours for me to even start pooing:( lol hope everything " comes out ok" hahaha
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• sorry to be so blunt about this but it will start working when you start pooping:( you will know for sure when it starts to kick in:) good luck!!!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Thanks! im nervous as hell. but when i got my wisdom teeth out i never used ANY medicine to stop the pain...i felt as though if i could endure the second most painful thing a woman can feel (Labor is number 1) then id be a step closer in being stronger for my pregnancy...

I didnt use that much Castor Oil..just two table spoons on my pasta and had some juice with it...The bottle said to take 1-4 table spoons..so i did 2 since i did some reading.

So...im prepared...(i used to take castor oil when i was younger because i was always constipated so im used to the shitting =P)
    Anonymous

• i didnt do castor oil, but reflexology on my ankles. I had loose bowels within a couple hours and went into labor late that night. castor oil may do the same for you. just be careful and dont drink anymore. I have heard stories of women drinking it, and throwing up, or having the shits and being in labor at the same time. not trying to scare ya or anything. GL
    Anonymous

• YOUR 38 WEEKS YOUR BODY ISN"T READY YET STOP TRYING TO RUSH YOUR LITTLE ONE OUT READ A BOOK SLEEP WALK CLEAN YOU POSTED IN A GROUP WE ARE IN TOGETHER SERIOUSLY I'M FURTHER ALONG THAN YOU LET NATURE TAKE ITS COURSE! CASTOR OIL CAN LEAVE YOU IN DISTRAUGHT AND DEHYDRATED GEESH!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Im sorry you feel that way? But i asked this question for women that actually took it..and im almost 39 weeks...so im sorry you feel this way...But its my life, please do not tell me what I can and cannot do..I respect your OPINION..but dont tell me what to do (:
    Anonymous

• GET THE HELL OVER YOURSELF ! SO IM ALMOST40!!!!!!! IM NOT TRYING TO HARM MY CHILD SERIOUSLY LET NATURE TAKE ITS COURSE>>>>>WAIT I HOPE YOU POOP YOUR PANTS LIKE CRAZZZZY WILL DESERVE YOU RIGHT! YOU CANNOT FORCE YOUR BODY TO DO SOMETHINGI ITS NOT READY FOR!!!!!AND IM ALSO 2cm's AND 70% YOUR DOCTOR WILL GIVE YOU OPTIONS CALL HIM OR HER~!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• It's not just your life though, it's your child's as well. Just because doctors say 37 weeks is "term" doesn't mean you should take it upon yourself to force your baby out. You should be more considerate.
    Anonymous

• Wow, your awefully moody. Calm down. Ive already talked to my doctor. They said its safe. Maybe YOUR doctor said it wasnt safe. And why are you being SO rude? Like seriously. Be more mature than that. There is honestly no need to get so angry over MY choice. I NEVER told you how to run your pregnancy. Im not YOUR doctor and im not trying to tell you what to do.

And im almost 39 weeks..There are ladies that ask to be induced at 36 weeks. There are ladies that are desperate and try harder at 35 weeks or less. So dont tell me what to do. you are not my mother..If your just going to say more rude stuff to me. SAVE IT...don't waste your time..Go answer OTHER women's questions who have more important things to say. Thankyou!
    Anonymous

• IT WORKS!!! IT REALLY DOES! I did it for both my children! It didnt taste very good. but about 7hrs later it started to work!

And dont worry about pooping your pants, you wont have that problem youll make it to the bathroom in time. GL and hope everything works out!
    Anonymous