Who gave you the "period" talk?

I got it from an older lady at the church we used to go to. She saw a red stain on my skirt one day, and jumped on it, so to speak. So, I was wondering, did anyone else get it from someone other then their mom?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nobody did. I didn't know what was wrong with me when it first appeared.
    Anonymous

• I never got the talk. I was handed a book to read - then when i got it my mom gave the a rundown of how to use the necessities.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My 5th grade teacher. My mom handed me a book and told me to read it and ask if I had any questions. She didn't tell me about sex or birth control either. I found out on my own at school or trusted friends and their moms. My son is almost 13 and knows a lot about birth control, his body, etc. because I talk to him and am not embarrased to answer his questions. He knows how I feel too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• school. My mom elaborated on any questions i had. I'm fine and was never troubled by that.
    Anonymous

• School. Lucky for me. We saw our first video, and a couple months later I started. Good thing so I knew what it was...my mom never talked to me about any of it (sex, protection, periods - none of it)

I will NOT do the same with my daughter. With her it will be an on-going age appropriate conversations.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• book, then a pad when it happened. whatever, didn't bother me lol
    Anonymous

• My uncle's girlfriend. We were close.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• no.
    I think it was school. our house took this trip down memory lane the other day about this kind of thing, and really whose parents ever bothered to address anything with them?
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 11:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• From my dad. He was so creeped out. lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• from school.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2009