My Mother

I am 19 years old married with a 8 month old handsome little boy.. We are having trouble finding a house so we are living with my mother... I clean her house,make her bed,do her dishes and her laundry.. I then take care of my 8 year old brother.. Plus practically wait on her hand and foot.. I do everything for her and if it's not done when she gets home from work she pulls a HUGE guilt trip on me.. No matter why I didnt get everything done she does.. She is getting back child suport on me and when we are having money issues she wont help because shse is always broke.. She has a job... (I'm a stay at home mom). I dont understand.. Am I just a horrible daughter for feeling used and like I'm just a maid and baby sitter or is it ok I feel this way.... She never helps out with my son.. She wont even watch him while I run to the post office for 5 minutes unless he's asleep..

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope i would feel the same way! The reason she may not watch him unless he is asleep is because she doesnt want you to think she is a live in babysitter...JUST LIKE YOU! but still she is g-mom she should do it here and there. as far as the child support goes...i dont like that, because if it were me...that money would do just that...SUPPORT the child! DUH! my mom was the same way, and when i was 18 and moved out (still in high school) she didnt want my dad knowing because then she wouldnt get it, but it wasnt coming to me! he did find out and stopped paying since it wasnt going to me! HA i love my mom to death but i was glad he did. i would try not to let it bother you so much or atleast let her see because what happens if she kicks you out? do you have a place to go? good luck!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 12:05 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I know how it is. I'm in basically the same situation. Don't feel bad for feeling that way. No one can blame YOU for your feelings, they are FEELINGS and can't be helped or changed on their own, its just not possible. Just keep doing your best, and try not to rely on her as much. Do things for you and for your baby, and since you are basically the care taker for your brother, do things for him too. Don't worry so much about her or what she thinks or feels if you don't want to. Don't feel bad about it. Just love you and your family and be the best you can be.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Try your best to not let her get to you. Sounds like you are doing a great job. Just keep thinking that this is only temporary. I am sure that once you guys are able to get your own place you will be missed.
    Anonymous