Endemetriosis...comfort please

I came to terms years ago that there isn't much to be done about it. I gave up the experimental treatment because I was tired of being around doctors who didn't know how to help me, tired of being a pin cushion, tired of going through menapause TWICE before the ripe ole age of 22. Last thing I discussed with my endo doctor was whether or not he thought I could still have kids. He didn't. I came to grips with that as well, and figured I'd cross that bridge when I came to it. 4 years later, I now have a beautiful baby boy, and the pregnancy went well till the end. But through the whole pregnancy I didn't have ANY endo pain. Amazing. I knew I wasn' t cured but it was a glorious reprieve. Now, 5 months later, I'm hurting again. And it's the worst it's been in a long time. I can't have sex without tremendous pain after. It's hard to share with my husband, cause he'll think he's hurting me. Anyone else share in this misery?

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, I don't have endo, but I do sometimes have pain after sex. My hubby knows about it and he feels sorry for it, but I told him there's nothing he can do about it and sometimes he doesn't even have to be a part of it for it to hurt (if you catch my drift). I am sorry you are going through this. I am sorry you are hurting and I am sorry I haven't been much help.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My dr gave me Synarel for endometriosis and my pain went away immediately.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I hurt sometimes during sex and I cramp hard if I climax (with or without sex). I've suspected for years that I may have endemetriosis but the only way to find out for sure is by exploratory surgery (last I heard) and truthfully, I'm afraid of needles, I'm against medication if at all possible to avoid, so, it wouldn't benefit me to know anything. My only advice would be to try to find positions that are as comfortable as possible for you and find out if it's more painful if you climax or not, maybe instead of having big ones, you could have several small to minimize the pain?
    I have a friend that has it and she loved being pregnant because she was pain free for a while (breast feeding helps with that too I think). I'd ask the dr if there's anything that you could try, or do a lot of online research
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I have endo as well, diagnosed 10 years ago during emergency surgery when my ovary swelled up 4x regular size (the size of a baseball instead of an egg) and my intestines were fusing with my ovary from scar tissue. They told me I'd be lucky to have kids and to start trying right away at 19. I thought they were INSANE who tells a teenager that? Honestly? I went through all the depression anger etc.. the whole 9 yards. My son is 22 months now. I also had pain after giving birth for more than a year.. it's JUST now starting to go away. The dr basically blew me off like it was nothing and told me I should have more sex.. yeah like that's the answer lol. It was like stabbing cutting pain, and even him being inside of me hurts nothing helps. The dr even suggested using oragel on my cooter.. I was dumbfounded.That's your professional advice that I pay for? Good lord.
    s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 12:10 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• The cramping is better for me than it was before, I noticed my periods aren't as heavy as they used to be, and the cramps aren't as severe... however I am breastfeeding which keeps your estrogen at bay to some degree. I keep hoping that by some twist of fate it won't come back, or maybe it was a wrong diagnosis.. I've never had a 2nd surgery after 10 years.. they estimated 5-7 years for me.. I'm TERRIFIED it will return. Lately I've been having some weird pulling sensations like I had before, not really a cramp, sort of like a pulled muscle feeling, but deep.. like in my ovaries. For the last 10 years every time I get a random cramp I think in the back of my mind.. please god not now.. or.. maybe this time it's going to end in surgery again .. etc. I often wonder if there are other women who've never had a 2nd surgery, or if there are women that are diagnosed wrong for some reason.
    s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 12:14 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I share your pain. I was told since the age of 15 that i had endometriosis but was never officially diagnosed til i was 18. I had surgery when i was 18 and was told i would most likely never have kids but if i was, it would have to happen in the next 2 years. That upset me and i actually ended up not even knowing if i wanted kids. 2 years later, sure enough im 15 weeks pregnant and feeling the best i've ever felt. I cant imagine going back to all that pain=/

The only good thing the doctors did for me was put me on the depo shot and stopped my periods all together. I'll admitt, it helped but i hated the shot. Maybe some form of BC is something you could look into? and maybe telling your husband would be the best thing. In reality, its not his fault but going softer could be a relief of some of your pain. I wish i could be more helpful and i really hope you start feeling better!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2009