Endometriosis...comfort please!

I came to terms years ago that there isn't much to be done about it. I gave up the experimental treatment because I was tired of being around doctors who didn't know how to help me, tired of being a pin cushion, tired of going through menapause TWICE before the ripe ole age of 22. Last thing I discussed with my endo doctor was whether or not he thought I could still have kids. He didn't. I came to grips with that as well, and figured I'd cross that bridge when I came to it. 4 years later, I now have a beautiful baby boy, and the pregnancy went well till the end. But through the whole pregnancy I didn't have ANY endo pain. Amazing. I knew I wasn' t cured but it was a glorious reprieve. Now, 5 months later, I'm hurting again. And it's the worst it's been in a long time. I can't have sex without tremendous pain after. It's hard to share with my husband, cause he'll think he's hurting me. Anyone else share in this misery?

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i don't just wanted to tell you i hope things get better:)
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I've had endometriosis for about 15 years, and it's AWFUL, I know. The best cure for it is having a baby; has it helped with the pain any? Have you tried going on BCPs? (it sounds like you've done every treatment under the sun.) The pill helped ease my symptoms some (to a tolerable level, at least), but I can definitely relate. Have you tried other doctors? Try doing some research online and see what you can find, as far as doctors who have made breakthroughs in endo problems. Good luck to you, and I hope you're able to get this treated to where you can feel like a normal person. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:17 AM on Apr. 10, 2009