Endometriosis...comfort please.

I came to terms years ago that there isn't much to be done about it. I gave up the experimental treatment because I was tired of being around doctors who didn't know how to help me, tired of being a pin cushion, tired of going through menapause TWICE before the ripe ole age of 22. Last thing I discussed with my endo doctor was whether or not he thought I could still have kids. He didn't. I came to grips with that as well, and figured I'd cross that bridge when I came to it. 4 years later, I now have a beautiful baby boy, and the pregnancy went well till the end. But through the whole pregnancy I didn't have ANY endo pain. Amazing. I knew I wasn' t cured but it was a glorious reprieve. Now, 5 months later, I'm hurting again. And it's the worst it's been in a long time. I can't have sex without tremendous pain after. It's hard to share with my husband, cause he'll think he's hurting me. Anyone else share in this misery?

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Health

• No, I don't but my sympathies and prayers out to you!
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 10:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• my SIL has the same problem. She also has poly cystic ovarian syndrome. She had surgery done to remove some of her endometriosis. The doctors told her that she would never be able to have children. Well she has 2 beautiful little boys! She just had her 2nd one almost a year ago now.. and her endometriosis has came back for a vengeance... She now has to have a complete hysterectomy.  I am very sorry you have to go through this. I hope all works out in the end! Good Luck! Keep you head up =)

ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I had laser to minimize the problem but that was after my kids. I don't even get a period at all but I get some symptoms and some endo discomfort but little. You might consider punching through this for the next two years and have your children close together for the sake of your health. When you're done, you can try laser or a full hysterectomy if you're sure you're finished having babies. I'm sorry. I also tried acupuncture but I am not sure that helped. Good luck and hang in there.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I had three kids conceived and born with no known endometreosis at all. None at all. In between my second and third babies my periods went on fastforward ... weeks of ovulaiton (clear sticky mucus - alternating with weeks of bleeding. Then I had an ovarian cyst burst, like labor very very painful with a lot of vomiting when it burst and a fever. I was hopsitalized on iv's for five days. A bit after that I was pregnant with our third baby. After my third baby my periods back to normal. Maybe the pregnancy and burst cyst slowed them down. About three years later suddenly in one period I had severe pains like labor again and was't pregnant. And I had a fever again. I was diagnosed with 2 masses unknown in my ovary area. Again antib i ended up because of the unknown seeing a gynecologist oncologist surgeon who diagnosed me after vertical abdominal surgery with endometriosis!!!! EVERYONE was shocked!!!! See an gyn oncol.
    Anonymous

• I had Thank God I had already had my two children,and I had to have a complete hysterectomy,beleive me I feel your pain.Pretty much all you can do is hang in there,and when you complete your family,have the hysterectomy,best thing I ever did.Good luck honey,and I hope you feel better,oh I was 30 when I had it done.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 6:00 AM on Apr. 10, 2009