How can i get myself to eat breakfast?

Im the kind of person who likes to sleep in til about 10 or 11. So i end up skipping breakfast cause its to late to eat it. And they say not to skip meals if you want to lose weight. Even if i do get up early enough to eat my stoumach gets upset. So how can i get myself to eat breakfast? And what ar some healthy and good breakfast foods?

karidee52008

Asked by karidee52008 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• maybe get those breakfast gronola bars or something small.....so you stomach doesn't get too full and get upset...
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Like the pp said, granola bars are great or just an apple. My one son does not like breakfast but I tell him to put SOMETHING in his stomach before he leaves for school, even if it is just a glass of milk or juice. Yes, it would be better if he actually did eat something but hey, I'm not going to stand & argue with a teen over that...lol. When it comes to losing weight or exercise, something (healthy) is better than nothing.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 7:12 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• boil some eggs. I hate eating breakfast too. I boil an egg or two, & they're small enough that i can eat it in a few bites, & not feel gross.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• im not much of a breakfast person myself. I just drink a slim fast. I like the chocolate ones. And i'm ALWAYS thirsty so it works out.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 8:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I work a fulltime job and not a breakfast eater either, until I have been up for a couple of hours. I often eat an apple within the hour that I wake up and drink ice water. seems to curb my appetite to keep from eat crazy when it comes to lunch. It is true with any and all diets, the key to successful dieting is breakfast, not to mention getting your endorfins going for your mental state. always carry fresh fruit to eat, another trick of the trade.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I always intend to have a hearty breakfast but I just don't cook in the morning and eating in the morning is new to me. So, I usually grab a piece of fruit within a half an hour of getting up and about an hour later I have a bowl of cereal or oatmeal.
    vannahs

Answer by vannahs at 9:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I hate eating breakfast. I'm not a morning person, but I generally have to get up sometime between 5:30 and 6:30 (I'm a SAHM, but my days start early...yuck). Don't think of it as breakfast. You don't have to eat meals. I'll get up and have a cup or two of coffee. My kids eat around 8am, and I'm still not ready for solid food at that point, so I'll have a glass of grapefruit juice (which is actually really filling...and if you don't like grapefruit...give it a chance...I used to HATE grapefruit juice...but after drinking it for a couple of weeks...I started craving it, and now I love it). The kids have a snack around 10:30, so I'll make myself a green smoothie then. I'll have soup or a salad when they have lunch, a Larabar or soy yogurt when they have an afternoon snack...and then dinner. You don't HAVE to eat breakfast. Just think of it as some sort of morning nourishment. And drink lots of water!
    MrsGurt

Answer by MrsGurt at 3:33 AM on Apr. 12, 2009