Homework = and Kids

how do you get your kids to do there homework? Whats your homework schedual? what grades your kid in and how old are they?

tips and comments are welcomed thank you kindly

aprlar3lil1s

Asked by aprlar3lil1s at 10:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We eat dinner and then homework. My kids are mostly interested but that's probably cause it's "new" at Kindergarten age. They don't get any leisure activities until homework is done.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• when i was growing up my mom would get our back packs and check for homework as soon as we got home from school. she would let us get a snack and mess around for about an hour but our homework had to be worked on or done by the time dinner was served!
    KimberlyAnn85

Answer by KimberlyAnn85 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My daughter (8) gets out of school at 2:30. She comes home and has a snack and a drink, then it's homework time. She's not allowed to play till her homework is finished. They get an 8 page homework packet every Monday. She does 3 pages Mon. and Tue. then finishes the last 2 on Wed. She also has a book report every week. My little one (4) is in Pre-School and hardly has homework, but I still have her practice reading and writing.

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 11:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My son is 7. He is in first grade and is in Special Needs classes for autism. He is mildy autistic and we insist on treating him as any other kid. So when he gets off the bus at 4pm the first thing is homework. He likes to stall and drag his feet so I have to constantly remind him of what he's missing out on (playing or a movie) if he continues to sit there.

After homework he can play til it's time to eat. Bedtime is at 8-8:30pm. I don't play when it comes to homework. He knows this so we have one of two options. You can do your homework as the teacher assigned or I'm going to stand over you and dictate to you on how you should be doing it. I hate having to stand over him but that's for the days where he is acting lazy and doesn't want to participate. Most of the time, he's a great kid and loves learning.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• As soon as they come through the door I make them get it done. They are still young and it takes no time, but they love it.
    jjnaaucoin

Answer by jjnaaucoin at 1:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My son is 5 he come home changes(he wears a uniform) and the homework. Then if he did good he can play video games or whatever he wants.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My 8yr. SD is in the 2nd grade. She does her homework as soon as she gets off the school bus or we get home when I pick her up. It takes her at most an hour. This is her routine and it works well. she may not always like it that well, but I sit with her and help her and keep her on track. After homework, she can play - except on Tuesday and Thursdays she has softball practice this month. so after homework we have to go to practice. then we eat dinner as soon as we get home, shower, and go to bed.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My oldest is 5, in Kindergarten, my youngest is 3, in preschool. We home school. We don't have a strict schedule, but we have a routine that I try to remain consistent with. We haven't had any problems.
    MrsGurt

Answer by MrsGurt at 3:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2009