Will new caulking stick to recent caulking?

I had to recaulk my bathtub because our contractor's a loser. We had mold/mildew, etc. I stripped out the old caulking, washed the tub and crevices with bleach water to kill off the mold and mildew, dried it, and caulked it. After 24 hours, there are some air bubbles and a few (very VERY tiny) cracks. I don't want any moisture to get in there and mold again. I have to strip out the new caulking, clean it all again, and recaulk AGAIN, or can I put another strip of caulking on top of the recent caulking since it's been less than 48 hours?

Asked by singtastic at 2:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Home & Garden

• It should be good. you can call the home improvement stores that sell chalk and ask for professional advice..but i give ya the thumbs up.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• you can add another thin layer of cauling, wont hurt a thing.. good luck, and sorry about your contractor

Answer by 4weeman at 10:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• 48 hours...go for it!

Answer by qtpie94 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

Answer by singtastic at 4:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2008