paternity test?

OK so i had my son on the 29th of march. he has two possible fathers but only one of them has stayed in touch with me during the whole pregnancy and he is taking full responsibility of being his father and he signed the birth certificate and honestly if the other possible father cared he would have kept in touch with me during pregnancy and when he found out that i had him he asked all my friends about the baby as if it were his and still has not talked to me. my question is...is what i did about this situation horrible of me or did i do the right thing?

SpringMommy07

Asked by SpringMommy07 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• girl you have to go with what you think is best for that child. it's not about anyone else anymore....if i were you i would continue on living your life and enjoy that baby no matter who the daddy is unless he wants to stand up and be a man! i think you did just fine!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If you feel he is the dad then no i dont think you did anything wrong. Does the baby resmble him at all? that would be the only thing i am worried about. because if he is paying child support and then in years to come finds out its not his, you may have to pay that back (not sure i dont know how it works). but if he is being a dad thats all that matters. like i always say...anyone can be a father...but it takes a special person to be a daddy! Good luck! just love him to death!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Unless the other man wants a paternity test and rights to the baby, why get a paternity test at all?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2009