what Kind of a car seat does my 3 1/2 yr old need???? and my one yr old???

were going to buy a car we never had.All i had was a car seat for the kids 2 get out the hospital but i travel more on bus and train then anything.So this is new to me.please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• you can get them the same seat. a one year old can be forward facing as long as he hits a certain weight, i believe it is 20 lbs. but the car seat box will say.here is a web site i found that will tell you the different types and what is safest for your child
    http://www.aap.org/family/carseatguide.htm
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If you want to extend rear face it is safer. Your one year old can deffinitely remain RFing and your 3 year old probably can too. If you want some info on RFing you can PM me. The truefit would work well for both of them either way. It will RF to 35lbs and harness to 65lbs, it also has a tall shell so it will last a long time. If you want to FF your 3 year old the graco nautilus will harness to 65lbs (I think, it might be more) and booster to 100lbs. They are both around $180.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2009