Do you think Cafemom should take the anonymous option off so the trolls can't play?

I understand it helps for some private questions, maybe they can do it to where once you have been a memeber for a month or have some type of proof that you aren't a troll then you can be anonymous!! Leave trolls leave!!

1boy1girl4me

Asked by 1boy1girl4me at 5:00 AM on Aug. 2, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I agree wit yoshiki that the anonymous should be banned. They take up space that a good response could be posted!
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 8:18 AM on Aug. 2, 2008

• The problem with getting rid of "anonymous" is that sometimes there are legitimate questions asked by someone who just isn't brave anough to let people know she is having a problem, but needs answer. Sometimes an anonymous post gives valid info or posts a life situation that truly isn't anyone's business but may be helpful to others in the same situation. Of course there are those who will always post something stupid or say somthing off color. Consider the source and move on. In the grand scheme of things what they say won't change my life.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 8:49 AM on Aug. 2, 2008

• I think the anonymous should stay!! I agree that maybe there should be a waiting period before you can use it. But if not, oh well. We are lucky to have a free site like this, and if a little testosterone leaks in, that's the "price" we have to pay. I usually just skip the ridiculous questions. We can usually figure out who the "trolls" are just by reading their dumbness in the question. I'll have to admit, the trolling ruined the fun for me for a while, but I don't care anymore. If someone gets amusement by peeking into "girl talk", so be it.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:20 AM on Aug. 2, 2008

• sigh... drama started in an honestly drama free post, about trolls, see th negative comments must be those trolls
    Trin0714

Answer by Trin0714 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2008

• NO
    jess_buckley

Answer by jess_buckley at 9:48 AM on Aug. 2, 2008

• I think the anonymous option should stay. For people who may really need help, the benefits far outweigh the negatives. We can ignore what we don't like.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:07 AM on Aug. 2, 2008

• It's unfortunate but you're never going to get rid of the trolls on this website or in any other aspect of life. It's best to just ignore their stupidity and get on your life. It's not worth your time and energy to worry about it.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:56 AM on Aug. 2, 2008

• i don't see anything wrong with the anonymous posts. whats ur reason for not liking it? even if its anonymous and u report it cafemom will be able to tell who wrote it. even if u did know who wrote a mean post u yourself can get kicked out of cafemom for retaliating to any mean posts. so just relax take a deep breath and move on. this is the world wide web. u will always find someone that will make u loose ur cool, but how u handle it is what makes the difference. thats my way of seeing it anyway.

mexicu

Answer by mexicu at 1:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2008

• No, I think the anonymous option can be a great tool, because a lot of moms are afraid to answer some questions for fear of getting bashed/judged. When that happens, you aren't getting accurate statistics.
    However, I can't seem to find a way to make my poll anonymous, so I'll dare say that the option has already been removed... :(
    Cartercasa

Answer by Cartercasa at 5:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2008

• Cafemom is working on banning trolls by IP address. I like being able to ask questions anonymously without fear of judgement or retribution from my readers.
    Anonymous