Do you think Cafemom should take the anonymous option off so the trolls can't play?

I understand it helps for some private questions, maybe they can do it to where once you have been a memeber for a month or have some type of proof that you aren't a troll then you can be anonymous!! Leave trolls leave!!

1boy1girl4me

Asked by 1boy1girl4me at 5:00 AM on Aug. 2, 2008 in About CafeMom

• we're all ANON to each other anyways, so what would removing it do other than give you knowledge of who to email your nastygrams to.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:44 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sometimes the trolls are the people responding to you and giving you grief, hence the pro-side of using anonymous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Cafemom is working on banning trolls by IP address. I like being able to ask questions anonymously without fear of judgement or retribution from my readers.
    Anonymous

• No, I think the anonymous option can be a great tool, because a lot of moms are afraid to answer some questions for fear of getting bashed/judged. When that happens, you aren't getting accurate statistics.
    However, I can't seem to find a way to make my poll anonymous, so I'll dare say that the option has already been removed... :(
    Cartercasa

Answer by Cartercasa at 5:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2008

• i don't see anything wrong with the anonymous posts. whats ur reason for not liking it? even if its anonymous and u report it cafemom will be able to tell who wrote it. even if u did know who wrote a mean post u yourself can get kicked out of cafemom for retaliating to any mean posts. so just relax take a deep breath and move on. this is the world wide web. u will always find someone that will make u loose ur cool, but how u handle it is what makes the difference. thats my way of seeing it anyway.

mexicu

Answer by mexicu at 1:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2008

• It's unfortunate but you're never going to get rid of the trolls on this website or in any other aspect of life. It's best to just ignore their stupidity and get on your life. It's not worth your time and energy to worry about it.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:56 AM on Aug. 2, 2008

• I think the anonymous option should stay. For people who may really need help, the benefits far outweigh the negatives. We can ignore what we don't like.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:07 AM on Aug. 2, 2008

• NO
    jess_buckley

Answer by jess_buckley at 9:48 AM on Aug. 2, 2008

• sigh... drama started in an honestly drama free post, about trolls, see th negative comments must be those trolls
    Trin0714

Answer by Trin0714 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2008

• I think the anonymous should stay!! I agree that maybe there should be a waiting period before you can use it. But if not, oh well. We are lucky to have a free site like this, and if a little testosterone leaks in, that's the "price" we have to pay. I usually just skip the ridiculous questions. We can usually figure out who the "trolls" are just by reading their dumbness in the question. I'll have to admit, the trolling ruined the fun for me for a while, but I don't care anymore. If someone gets amusement by peeking into "girl talk", so be it.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:20 AM on Aug. 2, 2008