When is the right time to move baby into his crib ?

It" so easy just to have him right there next to mein his bassinet, is there any easy way to move him into his crib?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• we moved my daughter when she was about 3 or 4 months, as soon as she started really moving around it got to the point where that wasn't safe. before that though i would have her take her naps in her crib that way it wasn't a total shock to her to sleep in there at night
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• We moved him in as soon as he was home from the NICU. he took to it really well.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My son and daughter slept in their carseats until they were 6 months old neither of them liked their bassinet. My son started sleeping with me at 6 months then when me and my husband first moved in together he got his own bed but he was almost 2. I started putting my daughter to sleep for naps in her crib to get her used to it and after about a week of that she would sleep just fine in her crib. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• my ds is 3months and i cant get him to sleep in a bassinet....less on the crib!
    sunshyne251

Answer by sunshyne251 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Whenever you want. Mine was in her crib at birth.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I just started this week because my daughter is too long. her legs are practically touching the end of the bassinet. She always sleeps next to our bed but she is transitioning fine to her crib which gives her much room to move around

Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 12:33 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• as soon as hes born!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Our 7 month old refused to sleep in the bassinet at the hospital, and he's slept in our bed since day one. We'll probably transition soon, but I don't feel like we need to pressure ourselves until a year or so. Why do you want to transition? Don't let outside people make that choice for you, if you aren't ready. But if you are, then go for it. The right time is different for every family.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Start by moving the bassinet into his room next to the crib, so he can adjust to his surroundings.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2009