could it be

ok im 27 weeks going onto my 28 and every now and then i get a sharp shooting pain down my belly into my lower pelvic.. now it is not constant but every now n then could it be premature labor???

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 11:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like braxton hicks, they can be pretty painful at times i know i had a few that would stop me in my tracks. If they get stong or become regular i would call the dr. otherwise it sounds completely normal.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Most likely not. You utrus is still stretching and the baby can lay or put pressure on different nerves.
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 12:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Only if the "pains" are consistant or regular. Otherwise they are probably Braxton-Hicks contractions ( the "practice" contractions)?
    aqsgwama

Answer by aqsgwama at 12:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i got those too, it hurts bad, but it's normal.
    knjones

Answer by knjones at 1:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Sounds like round ligament pain. Is it to the side? If that's the case, it's the ligaments that keep your uterus in place. They are stretched WAAAY beyond what they normally endure during pregnancy, and it can be very painful (it sure was for me!). Here's an article about it: http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/roundligamentpain.htm If you're still concerned, bring it up with your OB. BH contractions can come up if you've been active, and will go away if you lie down (usually on the left side) and have some water. They will also come and go. Round ligament pains are generally shooting pains, versus cramping (contractions feel a lot like major menstrual cramps).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:12 AM on Apr. 10, 2009