So much pain!

I had a C-Section on Friday and I am still in so much pain. I was taking oxy codin but it made me feel high so I stopped and asked for something else so they put me on hydros. Nothing is helping. My back hurts my insicion hurts. Every other lady says they felt normal after a week why don't I? I am also bleeding ALOT. I bought some depends and I soak them in 2 hours at the most! My babies are in the NICU so I am walking around alot but not too much..should I call the doc? I don't want to get admitted and not be able to see my babies. ?????

twinmommy2009

Asked by twinmommy2009 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This sort of thing is unique to the individual. For some women it is very normal to be in lots of pain and be bleeding heavily, for others it's a sign of something being wrong. I personally would go get checked out. You're worried about being admitted and not seeing your babies when you should be worried about something possibly being very wrong and bleeding out KWIM? I'm not trying to be rude, I just want to make sure what I am saying is clear. BTW, in most NICUs if you are admitted you can still see the babies. They just wheel you in after making sure you are stable.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 12:24 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i would say call the dr cause i need experienced so much pain or bleeding except for that night after the c-section ..call the dr and ask ..to be on the safe side
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 12:43 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Can you take Vicodin (hydrocodone)? That's what they gave me after my c-section. They had me take that with 800mg Motrin (ibuprofen). If you can take ibuprofen, it might help with the pain and with the bleeding. I only had one baby, so I can imagine how much more healing your uterus has to do. If you're still not sure, try calling your doc in the AM and see whether they want you to be seen. I had a lot of bleeding, it seemed, but ultimately, I bled for about 4 weeks. I think the above poster is right about seeing your babies if you are admitted (unless they've told you otherwise). Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2009