help..i'm in lots of pain!

I had a C-Section on Friday and I am still in so much pain. I was taking oxy codin but it made me feel high so I stopped and asked for something else so they put me on hydros. Nothing is helping. My back hurts my insicion hurts. Every other lady says they felt normal after a week why don't I? I am also bleeding ALOT. I bought some depends and I soak them in 2 hours at the most! My babies are in the NICU so I am walking around alot but not too much..should I call the doc? I don't want to get admitted and not be able to see my babies. ?????

twinmommy2009

Asked by twinmommy2009 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Health

• I had two c-sections. I had incision pain and was unable to sit up by myself for a week or so. Would you say you have a high tolerance for pain? I think I do have a pretty high tolerance and it was still pretty painful after a week. As far as the bleeding I'd say that is pretty normal. I bled a lot after both of my c-sections. I think it is pretty normal to bleed more than a woman who has had a vaginal delivery. Try to stay off your feet as much as possible (I know that's not always possible) You should have a doctors appointment pretty soon though to get your metal clips off your incision. Unless you have the stitches that just dissolve?
    I wouldn't be too worried right now it's only been a week but if you think something is not right then I would speak to your physician about it. Just to be safe. I wish you all the best :)
    Trajik003

Answer by Trajik003 at 11:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I am going to guess that you are in the NICU every day for quite a bit of time.You are stressed and tired.You were possibly sick to begin with? You need to get some rest. Stay at home for a day and do nothing but lay in bed. I know it breaks your heart, but you will be of no good if you don't take care of yourself.
    If you are running a fever or your incision starts to ooze something nasty, call your OB. If you are passing clots that are the size of an lemon, call your OB.
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 1:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I had three c-sections and was in pain with all of them. The first was the worst because I didn't know what to expect. You will hurt and be sore for 2-4 weeks. Everyday will get better I promise, but use your meds when you need them because if you do too much you will feeli it, so use your meds and get as much sleep as possible to get your energy up. You just went through a MAJOR surgery and need recovery time. I hope your two boys are doing great!! My last baby was in NICU for 5 days and it was so hard, but I knew she was in good hands and it made me feel a lot better,Good luck to you and congrats on your twins:0)
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 5:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009