Can't you ask to have the MMR separated???

I may be wrong in this, but not sure. Did they use to do this until recently?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• From what i understand this is no longer an option. Check out
    www.askdoctorsears.com
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• you should be able to. And the Dtap also.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• there are small amounts of the seperated vax still out there but it is not being made anymore, so if you start it no garauntee to finish it, plus you are just putting your kid through the pain of a shot 3 times unstead of 1
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• If you're worried about "getting" autism....don't! Autism is NOT caused by the MMR vaccine...it's GENETIC!

My boys are both autistic (mild, high functioning, verbal), and before we knew about autism, my now 7 year had his regular MMR at 15 months (no changes). After his diagnosis and not understanding the validity of the MMR and possibly being a trigger for autism, I had the option to have my now 5 year old have the MMR spaced out with 3 separate vaccinations....no change, and he too was later diagnosed with autism (high functioning) just like my older son.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:16 AM on Apr. 10, 2009