So... has anyone else considered maternity clothes early?

I am 15 weeks with my second child, but after wanting for 7 1/2 years to get pregnant it just seems like the belly isn't coming fast enough! I am heavy anyway, and if I put on a pair of maternity pants I know I would look pregnant to the world around me. My sister said she started wearing maternity clothes before she really had to so she would look more pregnant too. I know once I am actually really showing I will kinda miss my pre-pregnancy body, but is it weird that I want to throw on the maternity pants and play pretend for a few more weeks? Have you thought about it or done it? I just can't wait for my baby bump!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't mean to ask that anonymously!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 12:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I bought maternity clothes as soon as I found out (10 weeks) and I loved them through the whole pregnancy!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• with my first i didnt want to wear them. with my second i was like bring em on, not only do they actually make it obvious that you are preg not gaining weight but they are comfy!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:04 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i tryed to avoid pregnancy clothes any way i could, so i either bought oversized shirts or wore hubby's clothes lol. but once my stomach got to the point that i couldnt wear jeans, i HAD no choice but to start looking for maternity pants!!

some of them didnt look half bad though! but yeah, some of ya'lls are weird for WANTING to wear maternity clothes when you dont have to LOL im kidding!!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I've wanted to wear them since i found out. its not just you lol... =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:19 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I bought 90% of my maternity clothes early. I was at Kohls and noticed their out of season clothes were on clearance. I got 450.00 worth of clothes for 63.00. Gotta love .99 tank tops and 2.00 capris! It worked for me because it was December and I was due in July.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 12:21 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i'm only 5 weeks, (almost 6) and i'm starting to buy/ wear them. . .
    i gain a little weight before we found out, so most of my other clothes arn't even fitting anymore anyways. . .lol

its not that i want to LOOK p.g. but Its more about the comfort. . .haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• im 10 weeks and 3 days and im already wearing them. everyone can tell im def. pregnant. but if you want to go ahead they are way more comfy haha.
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I had to get them around 12-14 weeks.My pants didn't fit, when I sat down I was getting a stabbing sensation in my stomach.. REALLY scary. I had huge red marks from trying to fit into them,so I said enough if enough,this is stupid. And it's even dumber to pretend that buying the next size up is cost effective when I'm just going to blow out those jeans next month too.. logic says "stretchy is your friend" lol. Plus I was hiding it up until 12 weeks so it was more of a statement for me.Allowing myself to be pregnant in front of the world. Allowing myself to be involved in my pregnancy and not walking on egg shells waiting to miscarry again. It was like outing my own secret. It was a very odd sensation walking around in maternity clothes for the first week, I felt like everyone was staring lol.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 1:34 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Oh, girl, the day I found out I was pregnant, I was online buying maternity clothes! LOL I ended up wearing some of my jeans around 12 weeks. I was just getting to where I couldn't fit into my regular jeans with a hairtie looping them together, and the Bella Band did a horrible job of keeping my jeans up. I was DYING to show, too. I am heavyset as well, and was bummed that no strangers came up to me through the whole pregnancy to ask pregnancy-related questions. Hopefully, I'll be slimmer next time around, and it will be even more obvious! I was all about the message tanks (ie. Baby Boy) to advertise to the world that I was pregnant. Do what feels best to you, and flaunt that belly, girlfriend! I eventually missed wearing jeans that buttoned at the top, but now that my son is 7 months, I miss my maternity jeans! LOL I had some great ones that were really comfy. If you are looking to save $, Old Navy and Motherhood.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2009