How to handle a kid the right way.

The other day I was at the park with my daughter and I saw This little boy (thats was at least 2) misbehaving. The dad reach and picked the boy up only by one of his arms. Doesn't that hurt the child? Isn't hat too ruff?

Augusta

Asked by Augusta at 12:16 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly, when my three year old and SO(his dad) are playing, he picks him up by one arm a lot. They are so rough I really thing they hurt eachother but they both just laugh and yell and all sorts of stuff. I guess it would depend on how they did it though too. My SO is careful with him at the same time. IDK.. i guess ill wait and see what others say too
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i've picked my daughter up by one arm before so has everyone who rough houses with her. i don't yank her around and either does anyone else, and shes 3 so she is old enough to say mommy or whoever that hurts. but she never has and just thinks its funny. (i cant do the one arm thing right now, can barely get her up with 2 arms)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:13 AM on Apr. 10, 2009