Did your marraige ever get to a point so bad it felt hopeless no matter what you did?

Did you make it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes it did! And yes we made it! I'm so thankful that we did because now we have a great marriage! Hang in there!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My hubby and I made it. It got to a really bad point to where he threw his wedding ring out the door, but now we are as happy as we were when we were just dating.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• mine did too. he told me he threw his wedding ring into the ocean (he didnt he just choose not to wear it for a month and a half and had it hidden) but we made it and are stronger now b/c we worked through our problems
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:34 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes, and that's why my husband and I are currently in the middle of a separation. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• we ended up having to take couples counseling, and it actually has helped out alot!!
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:15 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I think most couples have. With lots of time put in to the relationship tho, nothing is impossible... love can prevail if people will just try (takes two)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:34 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes, and we have now been married more than 44 years.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I am at that point right now AGAIN. We have seperated once before, sure things got better, but not for long, but my DH has a drug problem. He refuses help and thinks he can help himself. My son (12) is becoming very difficult to handle at school and home. We just started family consuling and on the papers I had to fill out it asked about drug use in the family, so I was honest and said that my dh uses/used. So I am hoping that this will be a wake up call and he will take the help. I did tell him that if he doesnt take the help that I will have to leave him. Staying with him isnt helping our boys or myself. I always beleived that keeping a family togather even with problems would be better than to break a family apart, but I dont think that is true. sorry to much info.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yes our marriage has "hit bottom" before and we were seperated off and on for about a year, with counseling and communication and a program called Retrovauille (google it) we survied and of course it's not perfect (no marriage is and if they say it is it's a lie) we've learned what real love is and what "for better or worse" really means and we're making it and we'll be married 19 yrs in Oct.
    seems to be the trend to just throw a marriage away if it doesn't feel good at the moment, well that's not real love, do what you have to do to safe you marriage you'll be glad you did. oh and when we were seperated it was amazing to hear how many other people's marriages went through seperation and came out of it only stronger. good luck!
    roni2911

Answer by roni2911 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• you know i am going though a tough battle with my dh, who might want to leave me.
    i love him, but there are some issues i cant seem to let go, but i am trying.
    i want my marriage, and i dont want to be seprated.. I never worked, and right now he is not talking ot me. It makes me very sad, that we arenot talking. He is deployed.. So again this makes me sad, and thinking i might end up alone..
    Anonymous