How did your husband or fiance propose you you?

mrene88

Asked by mrene88 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• aw. on christmas day. we opened presents with his parents, then were putting them away upstairs. he was sitting there looking at me and was like, "do I get to keep you?" which is something cute we'd been saying for a while so I didn't think anything weird. I was like, "yes of course, do I get to keep you?" and we hugged, when we pulled back he had the ring and asked if I'd like to make it official. so sweet. I love him!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• We found out I was pregnant and after I cried for a few minutes he asked if I wanted to marry him. hahahaha Sooooooo romantic. But I wouldn't want it any other way now.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• He hasn't because I am a loser and will have to be content like all of the other losers on here who can't get a proposal. My SO or BF knocked me up but won't marry me, but I'm perfectly fine with that. Yeah, right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i thought mine was breaking up with me! we were in the car and i had just met his family and they loved me and he starts this huge speech about how "everyone is going to disagree with this but i think we should" so i interupted him and was like you gotta be kidding me your gonna dump me in the car when i cant kick you out b/c its your car. drop me off right here (next to a gas station) and he was like no ummm i was gonna ask you to marry me. so i was like well ya i'll marry you, but you better come up with something better than that. so a week before our wedding day he took me to the beach and the gas station where we met (yes we met outside a gas station bathroom) and got down on one knee people looked at us like we were crazy but he gave the whole cant imagine life w/o you, mother of my future children speech and i cried like a baby. :)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:28 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• We both knew it was going to happen soon, so we went to the store and picked out the ring together. I had pointed out the one that I wanted to him but he wanted to make sure he got the right one. Then he told me that I would have to wait. About a week and a half later we were in our room goofing around and out of nowhere he pinned me to the bed and told me I wasn't allowed to get up until I said that I would marry him. When I said yes, he said that he better do it the 'right way' and got down on one knee and proposed.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 12:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I actually proposed to him. I asked him and 2 weeks later we were married. I get what I want, always have and always will, I do not wait on anything. Not my style.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My dear departed husband did get down on one knee, in my mother's kitchen and asked.
    "Would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" How could I resist? We were happy together through 3 daughters, 30 years, 3 bouts with cancer and his terminal illness.
    aqsgwama

Answer by aqsgwama at 12:47 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yeah... me too not married.... but about a week before I got pregnant he asked, on stage no less, it was fun, I said yes and then changed my mind. lol
    kristalee83

Answer by kristalee83 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My DH got a banner flying behind an airplane that said, "Kathy, will you marry me? Manuel". It flew past us on the pier at Huntington Beach (CA).
    kathy5980

Answer by kathy5980 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My fiance proposed to me during an Avenged Sevenfold/Buckcherry/Shinedown and Saving Abel concert.
    I was amazing, and unusual.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 1:54 AM on Apr. 10, 2009