How Far Along Were you In Your Pregnancy When You Started Buying Things For The Baby??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my first baby...as soon as the test came back positive.
    Second baby I was worried there would be a problem...so not until my 20 week ultrasound.
    Third boy...didn't really need anything, I had two other boys so there wasn't much to buy.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:35 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• With my first pregnancy, I started getting stuff right away. Then I lost the babies at 11 weeks. My next pregnancy, I didn't get anything until 37 weeks. At that point I still didn't have a crib, or car seat, or anything. I was just too afraid. But then I realized it was only 3 weeks until my due date, I better get some stuff ready for him. Since then, I usually start buying stuff in the second trimester.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• with my first pregnancy i bought stuff the same day i found out but lost the baby 3 days later. so i waited with my second (lost that one too) so with the third i was afraid to buy anything til i was like 20 weeks at which point i panicked b/c i was like omg im halfway through and have nothing! with this one i need to get up off my butt b/c im 34 weeks and have only bought clothes. i have none of my daughters stuff left from when she was a baby except clothes and this one is a boy, so i need to get the crib and stuff like yesterday
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• with my first, i waited until we found out what we were having, (about 15 weeks)
    with our second, I waited until about the same time,
    and this one, i'm waiting too. something is telling me to hold off. so I am. .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• we waited until we knew what we were having, so that we would know what to buy
    knjones

Answer by knjones at 12:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I'm waiting until I'm 7 months i did the same with my 1st
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• First pregnancy - We were too shocked and I miscarried by the 8th or 9th week, so the shock didn't wear off in time to give way to excitement.. so we never bought anything.

Second Pregnancy - Within a few weeks. I tested the day after my period was due,found out I was pregnant, and kept it a secret for about 2 months (from EVERYONE except hubby and best friend)... then I started buying things at around 10-12 weeks.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 1:24 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• We bought a shirt for him the day we officially decided to start trying! I'd say after that, once we crossed the 13 week mark, we felt safe buying stuff. We really didn't buy much until after the baby shower, which was good, because we got almost everything we needed. I have great inlaws who were kind enough to shop from the registry I had pored over. =) Once we found out it was a boy, it was REALLY tough not to buy a ton of stuff!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• with my daughter, my sister bought me things for her when i was only like 3 months..before i even found out she was a girl.but after my 23 week ultrasound..and finding out she was a girl, i started buying things. with this pregnancy, i started buying things around 14 weeks. gender neutral things.i found out at 19 weeks that its a boy this time so i been buying more since then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 10, 2009