I saw a question the other day about people who don't eat babies, like veal...

etc, I'm a vegatarian. This has nothing to do with morals all meat is funky to me and grosses me out. My question is: What's the difference? You won't eat a baby, but you'll eat a mommy. I'm not trying to start drama I truly am curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I eat meat, but honestly the thought it of grosses me out. Not only because it makes me sick to think of all the animal abuse and slaughter, but because well, it was once alive. But I can't live without beef so obviously it doesn't bother me TOO much. However, I won't eat antyhing that once swam in the ocean because the thought of my food swimming around in that nasty water...that's just too much for me. I agree with anon @ 9:54 and mizmommers though. They made a good point. As for the whole baby thing, I don't really see a difference. If I have to think about it, I'll use my cold hearted perspective that it's probably better that they get it over with sooner, rather than living longer just to die the same horrible death.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:57 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• mmmm Veal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• um what? meat is meat.. give it to meh!

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:35 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I dont know.... there is some meat I wont eat just because it tastes funny to me. But personally I think the babies taste better. They are more tender... and btw they arent babies they are.... umm well abused, its sad and I dont like to think about it but... thats just how it is.
    kristalee83

Answer by kristalee83 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• baby? the other OTHER white meat. lol
    j/k I'm a red meat eater. I just believe that we're animals too. Our bodies wouldn't INSTINCTIVELY give us urges for meat if we weren't supposed to eat it. We're carnivores. We're not born herbivores. I'd like to see any other animal species fight what they are supposed to eat. lol
    god, great, now I want steak. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Omnivores are what humans are. We eat a variety of meat, fruits, veggies, nuts, grains... Meat is the fastest and easiest way to get high amounts of protein, without meat people would never have grown such large brains. We wouldn't be "human" without eating meat.

mizmommerz3891

Answer by mizmommerz3891 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I don't see a difference between a baby cow and a mommy cow. Just be thankful we live in a place that allows us to debate meat vs veggies, when a majority of the world lives without knowing when their next meal is.

mizmommerz3891

Answer by mizmommerz3891 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I don't eat baby animals. Yes, I eat the mommy animals but I just don't like the ideas of baby animals dying to feed me. Hubby likes eating baby animals though...what can I say, he's twisted. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I don't eat veal not because of the age of the meat, but because of the penning practices used that keeps the meat tender. I see nothing wrong with eating the meat, but I don't think the animal has to be mistreated during it's life just so I don't have to chew as much.

Sort of like the difference from adopting a pet from a reputable dealer or a shelter or getting one from a puppy mill....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:33 AM on Apr. 10, 2009