bad dreams at 5 weeks old

can 5 weeks old baby have bad dreams?

caeruleusdea

Asked by caeruleusdea at 12:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• absolutely, they're called night terrors. it's really sad. be sure to hug up little one when they wake!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I used to think that because my daughter used to move around and look as if she was having a nightmare. I even did some research and found that many theorist believed that babies do indeed have bad dreams because being born is very dramatic for not only the mom but for the baby as well. I'm a family studies and child development major at Arizona state university

Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 12:35 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• They aren't "night terrors" at that age - they are dreams, but they probably aren't going to damage your child in any way, they won't remember them in the morning! Just comfort them back to sleep, and all will be fine.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 12:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yeah both my kids had that. i was told they were night terrors, all you can really do is hold them and comfort them. but don't worry it's normal
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2009