Feeling unhappy!

Well there will be days I am happy and loving, then the next day its like i don't care and i don't want anything to do with my husband. I can't figure out why im going through these phases! It is taking a toll on me and my husband. I was hoping maybe someone could shed some light on my situation. The only thing I can really think of is depression, though depression you are usually unhappy all the time.

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Happiness is a choice, and our feelings follow our thinking. Usually, when we think positively, we feel happy. When we think negatively, we are unhappy. So pay attention to what you think about on the days you feel negatively. Most of the time, it will be something you don't have or something you can't do that you wish you could. Your husband is not responsible for making you happy nor are you responsible for making him happy. When you put that kind of burden on your spouse, you are doomed to failure. He could do everything that you asked of him, and it would not be enough. Happiness comes mainly from what we give away to others and not from what we get from them. So, perhaps the answer to your unhappiness could lie in giving more and expecting less in return. It has worked for me in a number of situations.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i've been depressed before but wasn't always unhappy, there are diff levels. if you think you are depressed i would talk to a doc about it. thats what it sounds like to me
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• That's not necessarily true. Depression has ups and downs. That's what depression meds do-- even out your moods. Bipolar can definitely cause severe mood swings. You should talk to your doctor.  There's no shame in it-- you wouldn't leave any other medical problem go untreated, would you?

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• research bipolar
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Sure check into seeing a therapist. Depression sounds like more what you are describing but see someone about it just to be sure. If it is depression and you are not comfortable with meds then let them know and they can help you find natural alternatives at the correct dosage
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• could it be your hormones ? mine play havoc with my moods since i started using marina iud..
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 5:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Could be hormones, could be depression, could be a lot of things.
    I'm going thru something similar and I don't think it's any of those things.. I have had a lot of things that I've been having to work out emotionally (things with health and the kids, and throw in some finances and then some realizations about friends) and it takes its toll on us. It won't change till I work it out in my heart and mind but if you think you're going thru depression, you do need to get a dr's opinion and see if there's anything you can do (whether it's therapy, diet, new hobby, exercise or medication).
    Good luck,
    Lisa
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2009