how to ween my 13 month old off the bottle?

treali23

Asked by treali23 at 1:17 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I found a sippy cup that my daughter liked and stopped giving her a bottle completely. She had an issue for not even half a day and then got thirsty enough to accept it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Give him/her a sippy cup and once s/he knows how to drink from it (at this age it shouldn't take long) then stop giving a bottle.

Once a baby or toddler demonstrates they can drink from a sippy or straw cup (another option for you!) there is no need for the bottle any longer.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:17 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Drive down the highway at full speed with the window rolled down and see if they throw it out the window. (That's what my mom did to me)
    Classic trick in my family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yup.. i went to walmart and got the soft tip sippy cups and just gave it to JB, and we were full blown bottles like you.. I had to have him cry it out one night... Then after that one night he took a cup asap.. try that mama... it workd for me..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I didn't. I let my son decide when he wanted to be done. He had his bottle till he was 2.5 years old.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I am skipping the sippy cup actually, it's almost like a bottle.... make sure it's completely warm in your home strip the baby down to the diaper and show him/her how to use a cup. Use a plastic one so they can't break it... add a little water and they will slowly learn how to do it without spilling it all over themselves.. it's quite fun my daughter loves it! sometimes she gets over excited though
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 10, 2009