move to another state away from your family??? would u do this????

my SO just got offered a job from my BILs work installing alarm systems in houses. its really great money. but his boss would want us to move to Texas for 3 months for training and to do some jobs out there. they would pay for our place where we live right now as well as where we would live out in San Antonio. my So could make more in 3 months than he would in a year here doing what he does now.
i know its a great opportunity, but im nervous to make a decision about it. its away from my family ive been around forever out here in AZ but i also have family throughout texas. but theyre kinda far away.
i just had a baby a month and a half ago as well ....i know ill get VERY homesick :(
we are comfortable right now money wise etc it would just make us VERY comfortable if we did this tx thing...

what would you do?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You'll only be out there for 3 months? Go for it. It'll be a nice change of scenary and by the time you get really homesick it'll be time to come home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yep, i'd do it. San A isn't that bad, i just don't like how they have I-410 in the middle of everything...but the weather is GREAT. the only other thing bad about it, is that you will find out you are allergic to different things, like they have to have a mold update on their news, that's how bad it is. my gf just moved there a couple of years ago, she's 24 and never knew she was allergic to mold. it's really bad down there, and that's when she found out. but yeah i'd definetly move, no matter where it is, if it's good money. heck, i moved when the army PCS'd us after our baby was born not even 6 weeks before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Been there turned it down. My hubby was offered $500,000 a year in another state, about we turned it down. We live nicely now and didn't see the point in moving away from our family. But only you can make that choice, depends on how close you are to your family.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i was actually born in San Antonio but havent been there for about 15 years....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:27 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I would do it. We're military, so we live away from family all the time, and honestly, in this age of emails, web cams, etc, it's not so bad. Especially since you're only talking 3 months.

Just remember if you do it to keep an open mind. One of the reasons people get homesick is they want the new place to be like home, instead of finding whats good and unique about the place they are. Take those 3 months to explore the area, try new things, etc. If you do that, I think you;ll find you like it a lot more than you think you do.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:28 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• its only for 3 months. i would go for it. i mean ya its your family but its not like they cant visit or you cant visit them. or he could go for the 3 months for school and you stay
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:28 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• It sounds like the move to Tx would only be temporary? If so, i think it may be a GREAT opportunity!

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Oh as someone mentioned the air quality is prob very different. When I went on vacation outside of Denver, the difference in air pressure made me very swollen. Crazy but true
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• you have to think of it this way..you have your OWN family now, and you cant Always be around your other family! you need to make the decision whats best for you and DH. not you, DH and mom and dad. it's part of growing up and being an adult
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:53 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• It's only 3 months, thats not a move. You'd be crazy not to do it. If they're paying for your permanent home and your rental for those 3 months you and your child(ren) can always go back and forth if its not too far so you're not away for too long from your hubs or your family.
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 1:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2009