contractions or bh am i going into labor

iv been getting a LOT of bh contractions but im only 29 weeks . is it possable i could go in to labor soon??

babymomma6

Asked by babymomma6 at 1:47 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Usually not at 29 weeks. BH are completely normal that early. If you are not dialated or anything then u probably wont be going into labor anytime too soon. You will probably be able to tell the difference between BH contractions and regular contractions, so I wouldn't fret too much. Good luck sweety!
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 1:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• count how many you are having within an hour, if its like 3 to six within an hour than you need to go to the doctor, im also at 29 weeks and started having contractions. I too thought they were just Braxton Hicks but the doctor told me "contractions are contractions are contractions" so if youre having contractions whether you think they are real or not you need to go in
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I think anything can happen, one of my friends had her babies always before 30 weeks, but she had troubled pregnancies, though. I had a lot of contractions starting at 20 weeks, but I was very sick too, vomiting all the time. So I would be dehydrated. Make sure u rest and drink a lot of water. And if the contractions are not painful, You should be fine, it's probably just bh. Your body is preparing for delivery!!
    Allymanny

Answer by Allymanny at 3:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• If the pain is starting in stomach and going to your back it's BH. If it starts in your back and comes to the front it's labor.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2009