I need help on picture themes! kinda long...

I need a theme for my daughter's pics at Sears. She is turning 2!

This is what I have done so far:

-3 months: Laying in a basket of flowers, angel wings, regular white background with a cute outfit, patriotic theme, and naked with a pink bow
-6 months: Teddy bear theme, Tennessee vols theme, Halloween theme, and rubber duckies in a tub
-Christmas: All kinds of Christmas pics made
-9 months: 2 different Valentine poses, Easter/spring kind of pose with flowers as the background, Hawaiian theme (we lived there), naked baby pics-her sitting on a mirror, just baby butt pics...
-12 months: Brought in a cake and had her dive in, pics with a big '1', background of balloons with a princess crown on
-18 months: Her sitting in a chair with a cute bandanna and dress on, another patriotic theme (hubby is military-she wore his ACU's), Halloween pics, close-up pics of just her face, and pics with black background and fake flowers

armywifeandmom3

Asked by armywifeandmom3 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Needless to say, I have almost done it all... So I need suggestions on what to do for her 2 year old pics?! I thought about doing Dora, but I don't know if I want that on my walls, haha... but she loves Dora...

What have you ladies done?

armywifeandmom3

Answer by armywifeandmom3 at 1:50 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• beach background with a cute summer dress. umm i really dont know sounds like you will have to start repeating them
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:52 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Maybe just classic pictures.like of her in her birthday suit or just a diaper. Or something with a number two in the picture. Maybe some of you and her.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• how can you possibly afford all those pics? pro pics are expensive even if they are only from walmart (which it doesnt sound like they are).
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I get them done at Sears. Each time is one sitting, so I spent probably $100 each sitting when we go...
    We get a military discount and the smile savers club.
    I always save money (don't buy anything extra, don't eat out) so I can get her pics done, I am obsessed if ya couldn't tell.
    I love the naked baby pics, but I am afraid she might be getting too old for that, how old is too old for the naked bottom pics?
    I think I will have to start repeating them, but change them up just a lil bit...
    armywifeandmom3

Answer by armywifeandmom3 at 2:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• we are military too and there's no way i could afford all that. ...100 dollars each sitting. damn. that's like $600 in less then 2 years! ...i love pics too. i scrapbook. but damn. that's a lot of pics.

I do think 2yo is too old for naked pics. ...isnt there a law about it being illegal over the age of 6 months? i think so.

what about fairies? or butterflies? or dress her up as one of the disney princesses. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:11 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Hire a photographer to come to your house and do outside portraits.
    Photos of kids in their natural environment always turn out best.
    Outside photos with natural light are much better.
    I'm a photographer and don't do any "studio", everyday, run of the mill photos.
    I can honestly say none of my customers will have the same background, the same light, or same "theme". You'll like them much better.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:13 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I do think 2yo is too old for naked pics. ...isnt there a law about it being illegal over the age of 6 months? i think so.

Not if their "parts" aren't showing

BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:15 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I was told you can not take PRO pics at a business of the butt after 1 year, by law. I never read up on it and it might just be in Texas but i would check.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 9:08 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I use to work at a portrait studio and you can't take naked baby pics after I year. Girls must have shirts on after that point.

For 2 year old pictures... If you're going to sears just do the regular poses that they will do on their own with her. You can also bring in a bouquet of balloons (keep it simple so the focus of the picture is on her and not on the props). Get pictures of her holding them and looking up at them. Those are always cute! You can also bring in a present for her to open.

LukesMommy912

Answer by LukesMommy912 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2009