Constipated?! Im guessin...

Ok I have a 4 month old daughter who I believe is constipated!? First off what is their bowl movements supposed to look like at this age!?
She pushes & pushes and when I check her there is nothing there, or there is just a little ball! Ok ..... so when I waited to see if she was going to poo again...she does a long hard poop like a grown-up and so im thinking well she wont be able to do that with her pamper on!I dont know, shes a super happy baby and never cries like she is in pain or anything!? Baby cereal is already in her diet since she was about 2 1/2 months....please help!

v_serenil

Asked by v_serenil at 1:52 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It shouldn't be hard at all or in balls. It should look like thick spaghetti sauce texture.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• do u give her water
    evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 1:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Stop giving her cereal. It constipates babies and has no nutritional value. Give her diluted pear juice to help her go
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• LOL pear juice has no nutritional value either, not to mention its loaded with sugar. But I would cut back on the cereal, just because that's probably what's making her constipated. Also, is she breastfed or formula fed? Certain formula's can cause constipation too. I learned that from experience.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• you can also put oil, vaseline, that will make it come down and it wont hurt
    poetry911

Answer by poetry911 at 2:05 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• :04 no really? No duh smart one. I said pear juice to help her go. And the baby pear juice isn't loaded with sugar genius
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes I give her about an ounce or two between feedings...So im guessin i might have to stop giving her cereal!? And what about what its supposed to look like?! Is it supposed to looke like "in between" not watery but then not hard...I dont know , I feel clueless about this!
    v_serenil

Answer by v_serenil at 2:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• To help her go give her diluted pear juice or you can buy glycerol supp. at the store.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i was told that putting a couple of teaspoons of karo into a bottle of water would help soften it up and make it easier to poop it out. light karo syrup. i have done this with all 3 of my kids. dont get the dark syrup. someone told me to try that and it didnt work at all for my son. LIGHT KARO SRYUP
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 2:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• OK Thank you I thought It was supposed to look like that but my hubby was like " no Im sure her poop is normal" ! She goes everyday too, so ok Im going to cut back on the cereal and try some of ya'lls suggestions, crossing fingers! thanks!!!
    v_serenil

Answer by v_serenil at 2:14 AM on Apr. 10, 2009