What can I do about a 3 yr old with hyperthyroidism?

I have a real difficult time trusting the medical comunity since several people in my family have been misdiagnosed or had their serious conditions blown off recently. The doctors are telling me that diet will not help my 3 year old's condition. They have started her on methimazole and I'm not sure how I feel about this. About 2 months prior to seen a specialist we eliminated milk from her diet. Her symptoms have gone down dramatically since then. Also her t4 and t3 levels went down about (.8 and 50 respectively) prior to starting treatment. I was told that this fluctuation is normal. Is it possible that diet change could cure her? Any other ideas?

juliaof2

Asked by juliaof2 at 2:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Health

• I can't see diet helping with hyperthyroidism. Does she have an autoimmune issue? I have severe hypo thyroidism, so I am coming from that angle. Have you gotten another opinion?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I don't know if this is something you want to try.  . go to www.sharethecause.com/hastily/Unseen-Killers  This talks about  toxic overload and heavy metals.  and lists thyroid problems as a result of toxicity.  Message me if you want more info or if you have any questions , i will try to help.   Mary

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 1:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009