Underaged and close to having a baby..

Okay, all I want to know is my legal rights. My family tells me that I have no right because I'm 16 and the father of my baby is 15, but then again; I can move out if I signed papers (I currently live with my aunt&she has guardianship over me). I have my own place from when my mom died, but my aunt is all like "Nooooo, you're a minor, you can't move, he can't be in it's life, and he can't help out!" But I want him to and he wants to too.. she said she is adopting my son, can she do that? she don't think I can take care of it.. but really, it's all about mind and will power, not age, age is just a number. Everyone says I'll be a great mom even though I'm slightly young.

But anyways, what's my legal rights as far as delivery and letting the father in his sons life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How are you going to pay for this own place?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Message me. I am 20, i had my first when i was 19 and im pregnant again. I'll look all of this up for you in the morning, but i need to know what state you are in so i can find their laws. Its also nice knowing you got all of the hard earned information instead of being left wondering ;)
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 4:10 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• "How are you going to pay for this own place?"

- I get $600 a month from my mother passing away, I get that for a few more years; but in that period of time I will have a job.
    Plus my Grandmother lives right next door, and she plans on helping to babysit, so no need for paying for a babysitter. :)
    I have to pay $360 a month, it's a small starter place, but pretty nice. :)
    Kaiithegreat

Answer by Kaiithegreat at 4:14 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• As far as I know your the mother, you have all the rights. Not her.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 4:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Your mom not Auntie you have the rights underage or not your not signing any papers signing the baby over. And even though the father is 15 he is also allowed in his child's life sounds like your aunt is feeding you some bull.

And to the first poster who cares how they can afford their own place that wasn't the issue here and most certainly none or yours or anyone elses business

JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• baby is all your unless you sighn baby over, or cps takes baby (you would have to do something bad for that to happen) she cant adopt just cuz she wants to nor can she keep baby away from daddy- just scare tactics-legally she has no power
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:08 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• You can go to your first consultation w/ an attorney for free, go get 2 opinions but she CAN NOT adopt your baby w/ out your consent!!!! Go to grandma for help, I think this guardianship can be overturned fairly easily and you can become emancipated. Please go see an attorney, Auntie sounds shady.

SIGN NOTHING FROM YOUR AUNT UNLESS IT IS LOOKED OVER BY AN ATTORNEY!
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:25 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• AN ATTORNEY ON YOUR BEHALF!!!!
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• She said that she has signed some papers on that I have "mental" issues, so she can get my baby; then she said she signed papers saying that him nor his parents will be able to see my baby because they are bad people...
    But they're my sons grandparents and my aunt is what.. great aunt to him?
    Yeah, I agree with you JAJA Steele, she does feed me a bunch of bull.
    Kaiithegreat

Answer by Kaiithegreat at 5:28 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yeah,she is feedind you a bunch of bull,KarrieMarie is right,I know a girl,who had a baby at 14,and she is legally the babys mother,speak to your grandma,and have someone take you to see a legal aid attorney,plus she has to prove you have mental issues,and can't take care of a child.Don't you dare sign nothing!!!sounds like she just wants to adopt your baby,and is tryin to trick you into signin your baby over to her. This 14 yr old also got emancipated at 16,so don't give up.Good luck keep us posted.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 5:49 AM on Apr. 10, 2009