my daughter is 1 1/2 months old and has a temp

my daughter is a month and a half old and has a temp of 101.2

ive been sick for about 3 days with a fever.

shes been sweaty, clamy and pretty fussy today

would you take her into the dr ? im a new mom and this is my first time dealing with this.

thank you ..

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would most definanately take her to the doctor, How has been eating? Has she been wettng diapers? These things are both very important,
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 4:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• first thing in the morn to the doc!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:05 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• YES TAKE HER 1ST THING IN THE MORNING A BABY THAT AGE COULD HAVE OTHER COMPLICATIONS WITH THAT FEVER !!!! TRUST ME I HAVE A 2 YR OLD SON AND A 3 MONTH OLD BABY GIRL...POOR BABY HOPE U GUYS GET BETTER SOON!!!!! I
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 5:19 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• To the doctor first thing in the am. Then you to the doc so maybe you can get rid of it.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:21 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Head to the doctor Mama. My doc used to tell me when my son got temps that high to alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 2-4 hours till the fever broke. Keep her dry and out of sweaty clothes so she doesn't catch a chill. Check her diapers and make sure she is peeing and pooping the normal amount of times. Might want to get some pedialyte. It will keep her hydrated and full of the electrolytes she needs.
    If the doc says they can't see you, show up anyway and remind them that she is sick and you'll wait to be fitted in.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:27 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Take her in! I was told with a baby that young when they get sick they need to be seen!
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• She for SURE needs to see a doctor ASAP. A baby under 3 months NEEDS to be seen for any fever over 100.5. Don't give any Tylenol so they know what her temp is.
    If she has no other symptoms she might have a urinary tract infection.
    Many times a baby that young needs to be hospitalized for 48 hours and get IV antibiotics.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:35 AM on Apr. 10, 2009