Are cramps normal during the first few weeks/months of pregnancy?

I dunno how far along i am, wont find out till after monday, but i keep getting these cramps like menstrual cramps but they get sharper every now and then, is this normal or should i be concerned?

banefulskittles

Asked by banefulskittles at 5:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With this pregnancy, and my first I would get menstrual like cramps all the time. Like every day. It's normal for me, and nothing of concern. I have a daughter and am 34 weeks now, and still having them hehe. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes they are normal. That is your body's way of stretching and preparing for the uterus to expand. I had those horrible pains for the firsts few months. Your lower abdominal muscles are basket weaved, meaning they criss cross and go all different directions. So when your body is stretching it stretches from all of those directions.

Hope that helps. Good luck at the Doc's.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:37 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i am 8 weeks and just went to the dr for the same thing. he checked the baby and my cervix and everything seems fine. our uterus grows 1000 times it's normal size so little pain is expected! it also cramps after having the baby when it's going back to normal size.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 7:54 AM on Apr. 10, 2009