What are some good toys for a 16 month old?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 6:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I find that my 15 month old is fascinated with things that go into things, I have that piggy bank, I also have a shape box and a little barn, teaching them coordination and shapes.. if they don't get in in they take the lid off... and put EVERYTHING in it.. just watch out for your key they may go missing!all of it is too large for them to choke on and easily sanitized! plus they have great fun!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I have seen a really cute PIGGY Bank from Fisher Price(I think). It is a big pink pig with a side opening to get pieces out and a slot to put pieces in. The toy teaches so many concepts. Big/Little, matching mommy animals to their baby animals, putting in/taking out, counting, colors, and maybe some others that I cannot remember. I buy it any time I have a little person having a B-Day.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 6:51 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my son is 15months and he loves those pushing toys think they're called popcorn poppers...you push it and it pops really annoying but he loves it got him that and the musical one both from walmart. He also loves balls to kick. He loves the "little people" toys. His v-tech laptop which is a 3-7yr old toy but hey whatever works. Best bet is take him to the store and let him play away and buy what he really enjoys. If he plays with it through out your grocery shopping and when you are ready to leave then buy it if he doesn then put it back
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:11 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• a giant ball! not only will your child find it fun to chase around because it is almost as big as them (my son is into the stage where he likes to try and manipulate big heavy objects, like chairs), but it also tires them out from running around the yard/park/house. now that is a toy we both love!
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 7:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• a BOX! My son loves playing with boxes of all sizes. also something that opens and closes easily. My son will also mess with a dvd case for hours...lol
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 3:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2009