Another for Wiccans/Pagans. My dedication didn't happen because of my husband and now I'm wondering about your opinions and if you've heard of something before.

Ok, if you've been reading my questions before then you have a general idea of how I wanted to do my dedication last night on the full moon and dh was all for it, etc. Yesterday evening, I ended up feeling sick so I laid down and asked him to get me a couple of things (caffeine and food). He thought I was joking, knowing that if I don't have caffeine for a while I get a headache (it had been a couple of days) and if I don't eat I feel sick (I think because of hypoglycemia or something like that). So I fell asleep, thinking he'd wake me in a few minutes and I'd write out what I wanted to say in my dedication. He didn't. I woke up at like 5 AM. I was pissed and after many profanities, he admitted that he had fucked up and apologized, asking if he could do anything. What I'm wondering is what you think about day time dedication rituals, if someone feels more connected to things at night. Also, I heard that the energy of the full

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 6:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• generally the moon is still considered full the night before and the night after the calender marks a night as a full moon. so maybe wait till tonight to try again.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 7:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• (continued) moon is still present like up to three days after the actual full moon, but I haven't been able to verify that and I was wondering if you had heard anything like that before. I know that your dedication should be when it feels right for you, I'm just not sure if it would feel as special to me during the day. I could be wrong, though. It could feel more special, I guess. Ok, I'm rambling lol. Thanks!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• ALSO, if you can't get your hands on essential oils, would something like olive oil be acceptable for things? I like Scott Cunningham's dedication in his book for the Solitary and I like what he says about marking the God and Goddess symbol on yourself with oil, but I can't get my hands on any essential oils. All I have is this thing that smells like sage that a friend gave me last year (I think he called it gossip oil or something, he made it).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:11 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• MythicMMM's right about the full moon.

And olive oil should work just fine - it's the base of most essential oils anyway.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 7:46 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Thanks! I was pretty sure about that, but I was trying to double check because I've only found those things in one of my books so far, and one website.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:54 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• They are right about the oil and Moon. But I have to say if you weren't feeling well you shouldn't have done it anyways. When we are sick it takes away from our energy and doesn't allow us to put in 100%. Dedication like all rituals can drain a person and thus if you are already sick it can really do some damage... I recommend you never do rituals sick... Or angry for that matter but that's for other reasons...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I was feeling sick because I had only had a sandwich all day. I wasn't actually sick, just caffeine deprived (headache) and hungry (nausea). I didn't have a bug or cold or anything, I just needed some food and caffeine. I wouldn't ever attempt something unless I was feeling 100% well.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:05 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Awesome advice up there, take it! Never do any ritualistic workings when you're sick-your energy levels will not be at highest potential. Wait until next month if you absolutely want to do a dedication by a full moon. Consider it as an extra month of school ;)

witchymommaCNY

Answer by witchymommaCNY at 5:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2009