while nursing can you drink slim fast?

kendra61780

Asked by kendra61780 at 7:18 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• The only problem with some veggies, as the previous post stated is they will give you some gas. However, that gas also passes to the baby and can make their little tummies pretty miserable. Broccoli, cabbage, onion, and beans are the worst offenders.

Try to eat really balanced portion controlled meals.That includes lots of whole grains, lots of fruit and veggies, a good amount of low fat dairy is needed to help protect your bones from the calcium being drained from your body.  It is actually better for your metabolism and energy level to eat 5 or 6 small meals a day.

PatCarMom

Answer by PatCarMom at 9:19 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Any dr/ trainer will tell you not to diet, drink diet drinks (like slim fast), or take any diet pills while nursing. If you're trying to slim down take your vitamins, and eats lots of veggies. They might give you a bit of gas, but in the end you'll end up slimming down a bit the natural way :)
    ColorMeCurvy

Answer by ColorMeCurvy at 8:49 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Thanks girls! I didn't think I could. My husband is trying to slim down and he was wondering if I was able to drink them while nursing. I have been eating more veggies...definatly notice Im more gassy...haha!
    kendra61780

Answer by kendra61780 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2009