Fires . . .

Yesterday was a roller coaster . . .

DH's ex's family thought they all lost their houses, only to return to assess the damage and find that their houses were all still standing - the grass, trees, sheds, woodpiles, fences . . . everything else was gone. But the houses still stood.

A fire raged less than 200 ft. from my parents-in-law's home. Their home was left untouched.

In my area alone, almost 5,000 acres have been reported to have burned. We know of at least 12 homes destroyed and two lives lost - nothing more at that point. In the adjoining county, there were over 12,000 acres burned, and we have no damage/casualty reports yet on that end.

We are unfortunately not out of the water yet, however. There are still at least two fires that we know of still burning, and the winds are supposed to pick up again today.

Please keep the prayers and positive energy coming.
Love you all.

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 7:53 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wow that is so tragic.  I'm sending you good purple juju's:)  Never underestimate the power of purple!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:38 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Thank you Beeky! Purple juju's rock! :-)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Hey Beeky!! Purples my favorite colour!!!!! (yes, I was taught to spell it that way as a kid then they changed it on me!!)
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My goodness! My thoughts and prayers are with you and you family.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 1:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• If I were you I would trust in the Lord more.
    Anonymous

• Extra prayers never hurt, anon! I have been praying for those affected by the fires, floods, and other wraths of nature. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I have plenty of trust in the Lord thank you very much, Anon. In fact I attribute the fact that homes belonging to those I care about were spared to God.

Thanks for your concern.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2009