Fires . . .

Yesterday was a roller coaster . . .

DH's ex's family thought they all lost their houses, only to return to assess the damage and find that their houses were all still standing - the grass, trees, sheds, woodpiles, fences . . . everything else was gone. But the houses still stood.

A fire raged less than 200 ft. from my parents-in-law's home. Their home was left untouched.

In my area alone, almost 5,000 acres have been reported to have burned. We know of at least 12 homes destroyed and two lives lost - nothing more at that point. In the adjoining county, there were over 12,000 acres burned, and we have no damage/casualty reports yet on that end.

We are unfortunately not out of the water yet, however. There are still at least two fires that we know of still burning, and the winds are supposed to pick up again today.

Please keep the prayers and positive energy coming.
Love you all.

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 7:53 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Prayers and positive thoughts your way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• karma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Ouch anon. Nobody deserves this sort of thing to happen to them.

Prayers to you and everyone else affected by the fires. I hope it gets put out soon.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Karma, anon? Really? Would you care to elaborate on that? No one did anything to deserve such an awful thing. And you are a horrible person to say so.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Anon, karma is a b!tch. You need to look out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My prayers are with you. I am from Texas and I have family in the crosshairs of many of these fires. Do you know anything about fires in the Vernon or Nocona area? I have been calling both places and I get no answer or voicemail...am worried!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Answered at 11:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 by: yourspecialkid
    My prayers are with you. I am from Texas and I have family in the crosshairs of many of these fires. Do you know anything about fires in the Vernon or Nocona area? I have been calling both places and I get no answer or voicemail...am worried!
    **
    As far as I know, those places are okay. A lot of people around there are without power, though. Most of the damage was in Stoneburg, Bowie (where I live), and Sunset. There was also some in Electra and Forestburg and Montague, but I think Vernon and Nocona were okay. They may be out of power, though.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• karma.

No, if it was karma, your house would've been the first to go.

I hope they catch the idiots that decided to "help them along"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2009