What does Good Friday mean to you?

To me, it's the time to reflect on the death of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The only perfect person to ever walk the Earth. He came to save us from ourselves, unworthy though we are. He died the most horrendous death in the history of mankind, to save the very ones condemning Him. He wasn't forced onto the cross. He went willingly, in accordance with His Father's will. He felt the pain, and agony, as He was fully human. Yet, He suffered to give us hope for the future,and the promise of life eternal. His ressurection on Easter Sunday proved He is the Son of God,and that He did conquer death. While Good Friday is sad, because it signifies Jesus' death on the cross, Easter is joyous, because it signifies His Resurrection!

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 8:34 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It means the world to me. It was the day that the Lord my God sent His only Son to die on the cross for me personally. If I was the only person on this earth, Jesus Christ would still have died only for me. That's unbelievable to me?! I can't imagine sacrificing MY only son for the sins of this world. God loved me that much, and I am so unworthy. But because of His great love, I am made righteous and counted among His saints. Praise the Lord!
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• No work!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:35 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Thank GOD it's friday.........

by the way........there were MANY perfect people who walked this earth before & after Jesus. If he was perect then he would have felt no pain. Mind over matter.......I'm sure Jesus was aware of this & could practice it w/ ease.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• samurai_chica

You're absolutly right - Jesus COULD have felt no pain. He also COULD have stopped the crucifixion. That was the whole point - he CHOSE to feel the pain and he CHOSE to stay on the cross.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• nothing at all....
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:52 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• it means my kids are home from school and i will end up being half crazy by noon
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• First day in three months both my husband and I don't have to go to work.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 9:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Y'all are lucky! DH has to work today. :-(

To me, Good Friday is a day of reflection.
    I tend, though, to think of Mary and what she went through today . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• It's just another day...and my kids happen to be home. So we've been cleaning. Well, I've been cleaning, my son has sort of been helping, my youngest is playing even though she is supposed to be cleaning, my middle daughter is sick and my oldest is being a royal brat and making more work for me.
    I think Easter is going to be canceled.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:39 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• All I know is what the Word of God tells me. Jesus was God in Human Form. He is incapable of sinning, so therefore, He is in fact,the ONLY perfect person to ever walk the earth,and always will be. The reason He felt pain is because He was also fully human, and would have not had the effect He did if He hadn't felt the pain. He showed us He suffered for us, to take what we could never suffer or deal with.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2009