Do I HAVE TO CHANGE MY PLANNS FOR HIS MOTHER?

My husband hardly spend time with us. I planned for us to go the Easter service together, which he is not a churching going guy, Me and our daughter go every Sunday; while he thinks it's ok to go to the movies instead. His mom called him and asked him if our daughter could come over on Sunday, she has Monday off. It's a holiday and she never communicates to me, she goes directly to my husband. It would be okay if we were still together, however, we are currently seperated. I tolerated her way of communicating while we were married, am I wrong if I don't want to do that any longer

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, it just may feel strange to her to talk to you, is she the shy type? I personally CANT STAND talking to my ex mother in law. I don't even answer when she calls. You can deal with her any which way you like though. If you prefer her to call you instead of going through dad, then call her & tell her that. But, understand that some people have a hard time. I'm terrible on the phone & will avoid certain people on the phone. So, she may just be a weirdo like me. But just voice your opinion, you can be very friendly about it. And as far as changing plans, that's your choice. If she had asked you a few weeks ago, it may be different. So, tell her you already have something set in stone & that maybe next time she can give you a heads up before plans are already set.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:47 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• No it is your holiday too. He needs to explain that plans were made previously and that in the future she she needs to ask sooner, and communicate with you too. Are you living together? Does she know you are separated? She seems unknowing so that's why I ask.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I would not tolerate that together or separated if she can't communicate with you she has no bussiness having your child IMO
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 9:25 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• why can't you take your DD to church and spend the early afternoon together and the let your MIL have her that evening? Explain to her that you would prefer her talk to you personally. She might not know if that is ok or not.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:51 AM on Apr. 10, 2009