Is your church doing anything special for Easter Sunday?

Our's is hosting a production of "Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames",which is an amazing Christian production. We were supposed to have had it the week Hurricane Ike hit,and it got cancelled. I can't wait to see it. It's so powerful and moving. What's so awesome is the number of people who accept Jesus as their Savior after seeing it. God is truly moving amongst His people everyday.

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 8:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm going to my mom's church that morning. They never have anything spectacular (very small, rural, COUNTRY church . . .). I would love to see a passion play or a cantata one year, but . . . familial obligations, LOL.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• We are having a huge breakfast,before service.Pot luck ,cant wait.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• we celebrated yesterday when jesus had his last meal
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:16 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• powerful music, powerful videos etc.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Oh, how I love Easter! We are having two services with full choir and orchestra. I'm on the praise team for that day, and I can't wait to be involved in corporate worship and see God moving among His people. We recently finished a community outreach, and we've invited all of those people to come. We've asked all of our members to come to the early service and park at the technical college to make room for the visitors. I can't wait!
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• We do a three hour long Easter Vigil Mass. New adult members of the Church are confirmed and if they have never been baptized they are baptized as well. It is full of music and very dramatic readings. It is really an amazing Mass to attend. We never go to Mass on Easter Sunday, we always attend the vigil the night before instead.

In the Catholic tradition we begin the observance on Holy Thursday night with out celebration of the last supper. The priests and deacons wash the feet of different parishioners and then the parishioners go on to wash the feet of others. This is a concrete reminder of what Jesus did the night before he was betrayed.

Today on Good Friday we fast and we attend a very solemn Mass.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2009