cramping early this morning?

I am 35 weeks and i woke this morning at 2 and the whole right side of my stomach was cramping so bad it hurt to breath and it went till about 5 this morning. What does it mean and should i be worried?

megclark22

Asked by megclark22 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• right side? Did anything make it better? Did you try switching positions maybe the baby had its foot jabbed in your side? If it was the left side I would suggest that you was having digestive problems due to the baby squishing things but its the right...hmm...call your obgyn and let them know. As long as you aren't cramping in your lower abdomen I think the baby is ok..
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• It was my whole right side from top to bottom. And i did change positions several times but nothing helped.
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Drink several glasses of water and lay on your left side. I hate telling you this but my nurse told me to do it. Lay on your left side so baby's heart gets the best blood flow. Water is for flushing toxins that may be in your system causing you to cramp up.

The heifer (AKA Nurse) that told me to do that wanted me to drink 8 glasses of water, lay on my left side and stay like that for hours. Chick! I was 8 months pregnant. I retained water like I went to Sea World and you want me to drink 8 glasses of water and lay down for hours on my left side? How will that be possible when I have to pee every 20 mins? Geez.

Sorry to vent, it worked for me. The pain went away.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 10, 2009