For those who believe Bush was horrible....

Life Saver

It is a story you probably won't hear about in too many other places. A program launched by former President George W. Bush has saved more than a million lives.

A study by two Stanford University doctors states that Mr. Bush's AIDS-fighting campaign reduced deaths by 10 percent in targeted African nations, saving roughly 1.2 million people.

The study tracked AIDS deaths and HIV infections in 12 African nations getting aid under the president's emergency plans for AIDS relief. The $15 billion, five-year effort was launched in 2003.

Last year Congress extended it for another five years. Former White House Press Secretary Dana Perino who just returned from volunteering in Africa says: "Good news stories are not always reported because there is always bad news that drives coverage. But Americans should be proud and President Bush deserves a lot of credit."

He did do something worthwhile, didn't he?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He did a lot of things worthwhile, but many refuse to see the good. Or maybe they don't think saving lives in Africa is that important. Or better yet, they probably think the idea came from a Democrat and Bush is just taking credit. Asking a Dem to say that Bush did something good is like asking the Fonz to say he is sorry.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Unfortunately he did more harm than he did good in his time in office.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I find the world a much more dangerous place with Obama in office. He is disarming America and the enemy is always watching. Our enemies have been waiting for us to be vulnerable for a long time. Many other countries don't want peace, they want control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I never knew he did that.. but you know the true Bush haters wont credit him for anything he has done good while in office. Theyre too proud.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I'll be the first to admit that Bush did some WONDERFUL things . . . for other countries.

Now, for America . . . notsomuch
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Good thing Bono talked him into it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Bush did quite a few good things and made quite as few blunders too, but considering who we've got sitting in the White House now, he was a great guy. Before Obama gets done screwing the country the Bush haters are going to be wishing he was back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• The biggest wieght on Bush's shoulders has been lifted you could see this at the inarguagration ceromony. wow 8 long years, now someone else's responsibilty.Iknow from what I've seen of Obama, I don't like.For many reasons, I worry. Atleast with Bush I could relate. His family and him are from Texas. To most thats not saying much but to me, it does. I've seen the way his wife, mother and father act and they are level headed, kind, strong, and down to earth. His mother is a fighter his father is a giver. Laura Bush is someone I would love to see stay active in our childrens futures. A man surrounded by all of this can't be all that bad. However he wont be president again, and I can only pray Obama and future leaders share the same family and moral values as Bush.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Something else you'll never hear a Dem or Lib say is that under Bush, UNEMPLOYMENT rates were LOWER than under CLINTON from 2004-2008!!! Unfortunately, we KNOW Obama will NEVER be able to say that!!!

Media semantics....Under Bush, Unemployment = lack of job creation/availability; Under Obama, Unemployment = saved jobs or already protected union jobs.

Reality is unemployment is unemployment for WHATEVER reason. The media will SOON have no way to spin reality when unemployment and inflation rates are in the double digits!!!

OBAMA IS FAILING BIG TIME!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Well, some people only like concentrating on the negatives. Which is a shame.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 10:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2009