I am so frustrated with our sex life, help!

He never wants sex, we average once a month and its always me that has to initiate. Most of the time its pulling teeth. He is so robotic because he doesnt really want to do it that I almost dread the next time anyway. We have an excellent relationship other wise.

When we do talk about it he says I over react and he doesnt like having sex at night and we never get a chance in the morning because the kids wake up. (I dont prefer morning sex but I will take what ever i can get.)

Any suggestions and what does it sound like to you?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Some men don't like having it at night... I'm understanding to that. They're tired, or supper hasn't worked it's way down, etc... I feel that way a lot at night too, and I don't prefer morning sex either, so... if he does prefer morning sex... then set the alarm an hour before your normal wake up time, and get some coffee in you, a shower or whatever you need to do to be able to do it and ravish that man and if he still isn't interested... then you have a problem and you know it. Work with him as much as you can, but if it's still that way, then he needs to see a dr or you need to figure out what the problem is somewhere.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:46 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• a man prefers not to have sex ? Weird...lol. Maybe try to just spice it up more for him I am sure that will get things going for him. Lap dances, music, candles, sexy clothes you know the works. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• IMO A husband who doesn't want or enjoy sex is A gay and in denial B cheating C seriously depressed or ill
    For your own sake you need to confront him and get tho the bottom of it
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 9:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Trade ya, I wish my hubby never wanted to have sex!
    You should really sit down and talk to him. Does he work alot, is he stressed out? Those could be factors. Good luck.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 10:14 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• IF HE IS A YOUNG MAN I WOULD SAY SOMETHING IS NOT KOSHER, IF HE IS OLDER THEN THERE MIGHT BE PHYSICAL PROBLEMS.

Answer by older at 11:00 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I can say from experience that their could be more going on :) My DH finally went in to see a urologist and have his prostate checked. The DR told him that at his age (34) he would be really surprised at the number of guys that have the same problem as him. They checked his testosterone levels and found they were really low. The DR is waiting 6 months to check him again because once he starts him on meds for it he will never be able to stop taking them. For now, DH says he wants to, but it takes a lot longer to get it going. To be honest, I will be REALLY glad when his levels are back up :) I soooo know how you feel :) Feel free to PM me if you want someone to talk to...
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 11:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• He could like morning sex for the other reasons mentioned by other posters or it could be that he knows morning sex will be rushed (quickie) so he won't have to worry about taking his time to please you.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• this is normal, my SO worked early and was always so tired by the time we layed down in bed.
    Anonymous